Monday, April 21, 2014

Back from Break

Back from spring break and the thought of the next seven weeks of school seems rather daunting to me. I cannot believe that there is just a short amount of time to finish everything. Jordy and I had the hopes of working together over the break to work through the creation of our badges. However, the way that vacations go, we both were unable to meet. I am starting to feel like there is not going to be enough time to finish doing out badges with all of the interruptions of the typical school day, between  meetings etc. it seems that we never have actual planning time together. We were able to look at our constellation and put it in a Google document and have been able to think about what badges need to be made and which videos need to be made for the students.

I have also been thinking about how to make videos for the students who are using the Google app. How can I make a screen cast video on an iPad? I know that we came up with this challenge in the fall and did not come up with a good way to get this done without needing a computer. I was thinking that I would look online and see if someone (like google) has already done this.

I am really excited to be able to introduce gamification into my classroom. On a side not, I finished reading the novel Ready Player One  which made me floored with how well this book was put together, although also fearful of the future in this dystopian-ish sci-fi novel. If you have not read it yet -- I highly suggest that you do. It is fascinated in thinking about the gamification and the augmneted reality that is coming into education today.

Here is a book trailer for this book as well:




1 comment:

  1. Going to stop on my way home today to buy that book! Thanks for the recommendation. My current understanding is you cannot, without projecting your iPad onto a computer (via Airserver or Reflector) screencast a tutorial of anything running on your iPad. I'll try to do more searching.

    ReplyDelete